- Authorities seize 229 tonnes of precursor chemicals
- Secured in Ensenada 43 tons of precursor chemicals
- Authorities seize 100 tons of precursor chemicals from China
- Seized over 23 tons of precursor chemicals in Colima
MEXICO CITY, In a coordinated action of various federal authorities assured the Port of Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán, over 120 tons of a precursor chemical that can be used in the manufacture of synthetic drugs.
The Department of Navy of Mexico (Semar) reported that along with the Attorney General’s Office (PGR) and the Tax Administration Service (SAT) and through the Customs of Lazaro Cardenas, eight containers were achieved with the immobilized substance called monomethylamine.
Through a joint statement added that the origin of the containers was the Port of Shanghai, China and were destined to end the Puerto Quetzal in Guatemala.
The confiscated chemicals were made available to the Public Prosecutor of the Federation to investigate and determine the legal responsibilities that are appropriate.
Finally, he pointed out that this adds to the over 200 thousand tons of chemical precursors Mexican Customs have managed to secure this year.
- Seized 229 Tons of Precursor in Michoacan (socyberty.com)
- Mexico seizes 229 tons of precursor chemicals (sfgate.com)
- Mexico seizes 229 tons of precursor chemicals (seattletimes.nwsource.com)