Seeking at least $ 1 million in damages plus an unspecified amount in punitive damages
NEW YORK, The former managing director of the International Monetary Fund Dominique Strauss-Kahn filed a counterclaim for $1 million against the hotel maid who accused him of sexual assault, which cost his job and any chance to become president of France.
The New York police arrested Strauss-Kahn last year after the Diallo Nafissatou waitress accused him of forcing her to have oral sex and attempted rape in the luxury suite Sofitel Hotel in Manhattan.
The prosecution dropped the charges after not believing the story of Diallo.
The countersuit was filed Monday on the first anniversary of the incident and one day before Francois Hollande – Socialist who took over the coveted nomination of Strauss-Kahn – was inaugurated president of France.
Strauss-Kahn denied the allegations, arguing that the sexual encounter was consensual. Diallo sued Strauss-Kahn and told the High Court in the Bronx, where she lived at the time of the incident.
Gallic politician denies the allegations in the counterclaim and Diallo accused of “knowingly and intentionally make a story false to the law enforcement “. “Shortly after she entered the room, Mrs. Diallo and Mr. Strauss-Kahn held mutually consensual acts,” the lawsuit said. “There was no violence, force or coercion in their sexual encounter, and Miss Diallo suffered no injury,” he said.
Former IMF chief seeks damages for his arrest, including time in Rikers Island prison in New York and house arrest in a luxurious neighborhood of Manhattan, about losing his job as managing director in international organization and for damaging his reputation.
The counterclaim, which seeks at least $ 1 million in damages plus an unspecified amount in punitive damages cites statements to prosecutors about a witness Diallo proved unreliable after it came to the conclusion that she lied about her past and offered varying accounts of his behavior in the moments following the incident. One of the Diallo’s lawyer, Douglas Wigdor, described the lawsuit as a “desperate move”.
“A day that is a year of brutal sexual assault against señorira Diallo, this is another example that personifies the misogynistic attitude of Strauss- Kahn, “Wigdor said in a statement.
Strauss-Kahn has faced several legal problems since returning to France after the dismissal of the criminal case in New York. In March, the French authorities announced he was under formal investigation in connection with a prostitution ring in the northern city of Lille.
His lawyers in France have accused the authorities of harassing Strauss-Kahn and denied that his client has committed acts crime.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn Files Countersuit (jdjournal.com)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn sues rape allegation maid Nafissatou Diallo for $1m – Europe – World – The Independent – Married Mr Strauss-Kahn, 63, says whatever happened was consensual, and he has denied doing anything violent. (rajcairnsreport.wordpress.com)
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss-Kahn countersues NY hotel maid for $1M for ‘false accusation’ (vancouversun.com)
- DSK Sues His Alleged Rape Victim (businessinsider.com)
- Strauss-Kahn Countersues Rape Accuser for $1 Million (newsfeed.time.com)