The terrorist network urges Muslims to continue their protests for release of U.S. hegemony
The arm of Al Qaeda in Yemen urged Muslims on Saturday to intensify their protests and murder U.S. diplomats in the Middle East for a film that denigrated the Prophet Muhammad, which he said represents another chapter in the “war of the crusades” against Islam.
The outrage generated by the film, which was produced in California, swept the Muslim world after Friday prayers, and groups of protesters attacked the U.S. embassies in the region.
On Tuesday September 11 attack U.S. consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other U.S. officials amid violence.
“Whoever is an ambassador or envoy of the United States should follow the example of the descendants (Libyans) of Omar al-Mukhtar, who killed the U.S. ambassador,” said the Yemeni arm of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
“Let the embassies action is a step towards the liberation of Muslim countries of U.S. hegemony,” he said in the statement posted on a website.
At least 17 people have died since the outbreak of violence in the region on Tuesday, prompting Washington to send troops to strengthen security in their missions.
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP, for its acronym Torit), mostly militants in Yemen and Saudi Arabia, is considered by the U.S. as the most dangerous branch of the network founded by Osama bin Laden.
“The film released in the United States who insults our prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, comes as part of the ongoing war of crusades against Islam,” the AQAP statement, referring to the European wars in the Middle East a thousand years ago.
“The incident is so huge that nacióndeberían resources focus on U.S. embassies expel Unidosde Muslim lands,” he said.
AQAP has used Yemen, a U.S. regional ally, as a base to plan attacks in the North American country.
Washington has backed the Yemeni army campaign this year shifted to Al Qaeda and its allies in South subastión.
- Al Qaeda urges Muslims to kill US diplomats over anti-Islam film (ndtv.com)
- Al Qaeda in Yemen urges Muslims to kill U.S. diplomats over film – Yahoo! News (globalrumblings.blogspot.com)
- Al Qaeda in Yemen urges Muslims to kill US diplomats (itv.com)
- Al Qaeda in Yemen urges Muslims to kill U.S. diplomats over film. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Al-Qaeda Tells All Muslims To Kill US Diplomats, Exploit US ‘Weakness’ To Purify Muslim Countries (midnightwatcher.wordpress.com)
- Al-Qaeda In Yemen Urges Further American Bloodshed Over ‘Crusader’ Film (freeinternetpress.com)