At the hands of Obama, he lied and misled the American Public and our Ambassador is dead! Is he not Accountable?
According to The New York Times, detailed information is being collected to plan action against suspects
WASHINGTON, The Joint U.S. Special Operations Command is collecting detailed information that could be used to kill or capture some of the suspects in the attack that killed the Libyan ambassador and three other Americans, said today The New York Times.
The newspaper, citing senior military and members of counterterrorism, said that since the attack perpetrated the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on 11 September, in which Ambassador Christopher Stevens died, members of the elite U.S. military has stepped up intelligence work.
“Special Operations planners have significantly increased their efforts to locate and gather information on several members of Ansar al-Sharia and other militants linked to Al Qaeda in North Africa, Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, which U.S. authorities believe that participated in the planning and execution of the attack, “the newspaper said.
Gathering information is the first step in the process to be prepared in the event that President Barack Obama, commander in chief of the U.S. Armed Forces, ordered action against those who are accused of responsibility for the attack.
The President is committed to bringing to justice the murderers of the four officers, although the sources according to the newspaper, “has not taken any decision on any potential target.”
The paper suggests that the president has several options and it could order a drone operation or a raid by members of bodies such as the Special Operations that killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May 2011.
However, he warns that “all entail considerable political risks, diplomats and physical.”
The Joint Special Operations Command is responsible for studying the techniques and requirements to conduct covert operations and works closely with the intelligence agency (CIA) to keep the information of potential terrorist targets worldwide.
Unknown number of potential suspects about being investigated, but according to sources the newspaper said Libyan authorities “have identified several alleged assailants as testimonials, videos and photographs of the scene.”
The U.S. consulate in Benghazi had been the subject of several attacks and the diplomatic mission in Libya had asked “repeatedly increased security” which was denied before the attack of Sept. 11, according to several lawmakers said today they sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, asking for explanations.
In the letter, led by Rep. Darrell Issa, say the attack was “the latest in a long series of attacks on diplomats” in the months leading Western and added that “it was never clear, as has been the administration officials that the attack was the result of a public outcry. ”
Initially, the U.S. government explained what happened as a result of “violent protests” arising out of the release of a video produced in the United States ridiculing Islam, although last week Secretary of Defense United States, Leon Panetta, said at a press conference that it was “a terrorist attack”.
At the hands of Obama, he lied and misled the American Public and our Ambassodor is dead!
- Did White House arm al-Qaida operatives who killed U.S. ambassador? (conservativebyte.com)
- Missed It: Jihadists Posted Threats on Facebook Before Libya Attack… (thedailybeast.com)
- Little late, considering: U.S. Said to Be Preparing Potential Targets Tied to Libya Attack (riehlworldview.com)
- Diplomats asked repeatedly for more security before Libya attack, lawmakers claim (foxnews.com)
- Obama Played Politics On Libya, Not Mitt (commentarymagazine.com)